The Holiday season is upon us! No need to panic, there are still plenty of opportunities to purchase fresh, locally grown food to incorporate into your holiday meals!
* The Winter Farmers’ Market is coming up on November 21-22. Don’t miss this great opportunity to stock up for holiday meals, parties, and gift giving. Find out more details at http://desmoinesfarmersmarket.com.
* Shop online with using the Co-op’s Thanksgiving shopping list at Iowafood.coop from November 12-16th. Then pick up your purchases on the Thursday before Thanksgiving at one of their 6 locations.
* Order your Thanksgiving Turkey from Picket Fence Creamery and pick it up at their next Sample Sunday on November 23rd, noon to 5 p.m.
* Campbell’s Nutrition is taking orders for Thanksgiving Turkeys. Call 515-277-6351 for details.
* The Harvest Barn Marketplace is still open through December 28th. Learn more about their locally-grown products at http://www.harvestbarnmarketplace.com/index.html.